Dunnington approaches York Minster Engineering League leaders

DUNNINGTON got the better of their York Minster Engineering League Premier League clash with rivals Old Malton St Mary’s, edging their opponents 4-3 in a thrilling encounter, writes Graham Ireton.

The victory preserves the Common Road team’s unbeaten record and keeps them in second place, two points behind leaders Wigginton Grasshoppers.

Dunnington has a game in hand over ‘Hoppers and can take pole position with the win next weekend as Wigginton is on County Cup duty.

The Grasshoppers beat Rawcliffe 3-0 to maintain their recent good run, but the score was only misleading with the home side dominating large periods of the game.

Indeed, things could easily have been very different without the fine form of Wigginton goalkeeper Jordan Holt and the more clinical finish of the visitors.

As it stood, Rawcliffe found himself cursing his luck as a penalty from Gary Newton and strikes from Matt Tiplady and James Edmond saw Wiggy take the points.

A brace from Cole Carter coupled with the efforts of Dave Watson and Liam Robertson saw Dringhouses claim a 4-2 victory over Poppleton United.

Tom Williams and Brad Worsfold responded for Poppy.

The victory brings ‘Houses’ back to fourth place in the standings.

Hemingbrough United claimed a relentless 3-1 victory over F1 Racing despite falling to ten men early in the second period.

Goals from Jake Hewitt and Jamie Pickles in the first half, along with a penalty from Guy May, were enough to bring them home.

Alex Clark brought consolation for F1 Racing.

Huntington Rovers beat Easingwold Town 4-2 to move up to eighth place in the standings.

Ellis Stephenson, Connor Ryan and Cal Hannigan were on target, with an own goal completing the Rovers’ run.

Tadcaster Magnets got a bit of extra space on the wrong side of the table with a 4-1 triumph at last club Kirkbymoorside.

Tommy Taylor (2), Henry Copley and Will Deakin scored the goals for the visiting team.

Cawood rose to the top of Division One thanks to goal difference following his 7-3 home win over Stamford Bridge.

Matthew Ward and Liam Parkinson were both on the brace, with Phil Wickham, Matthew Duck and Casey Heath also at the net.

Tom Kendall scored a hat-trick for the visitors in response.

Bishopthorpe White Rose put four against Haxby Town without a reply in the division’s other game.

Ryan Rivis had a very enjoyable day in front of goal, scoring seven magnificent goals as Division two leaders Duncombe Park knocked out Ebor Wanderers.

Jack Simpson (2), Matty Bean and Louie Jemison were also on the right track as the home side scored an 11-1 victory.

Alex Day pulled off a hat trick, including a vital last-minute winner, as the civil service upset Pollington from the top.

Leigh Dutton also made the scoresheet for the hosts.

Marius Bratkowski, Matt Walters and Dan Whitcombe fired Walnut Tree for a 3-2 victory over Clifford, as the hosts earned their first three points of the season.

Rufforth United climbed to fourth place with a 7-1 loss to Cliffe. Danny Cates, Brad Walters, Liam Keenaghan (2), James Ford, Anthony Madgwick and Dylan Howlett scored the goals for Rufforth.

Meanwhile, Bubwith White Swan and Heslington drew 3-3.

The top of the Division Three standings went to Garforth LG who edged Helperby United at the top, winning 3-2.

Fraser Branton and Scott Fletcher scored the goals for Garforth.

York St John continued their recent good form with a 3-0 success at Fulford. Ali Harvey (2) and Jenson Joseph scored for the varsity team.

Luc Bounds and Harry Tinker scored for Copmanthorpe in a 2-2 draw against Church Fenton.

Without a league game for the top two teams in Division Four, Selby Olympia took full advantage of the opportunity to close the gap, winning 3-2 over LNER Builders, for whom Kai Shorrocks and Thomas Bateson found their way nets.

Marton Abbey earned a 4-2 victory over the Hensall Hawks, while the York Shamrocks gained a point thanks to their 4-4 draw against York RI.

Huntington Rovers kept the march ahead of the ‘A’ reserve with a 5-2 victory over Thorpe United.

Dan Marshall (2), Kyle Edmondson, Lee Bunce and Kieran Flanagan grabbed the Rovers’ goals as they maintained their four-point cushion at the top.

Malt Shovel is in second after his 4-2 win over the Strensall Tigers.

Lewis Foschi (2), Callum Betteridge and Joshua Leyssens scored for the hosts with goals from Jason Ezard and Tom Wood for the Tigers.

Old Malton St Mary’s climbed to third place with a 5-0 loss to Poppleton United.

Dringhouses collected his first points of the season after putting Rufforth United last four unanswered.

Keanan Crake, Aiden Mulhearn and Mitchell Parker (2) reached the House goals.

Osbaldwick continued his unbeaten game in the ‘B’ reserve with an unmistakable 8-2 success at Easingwold Town.

Nick Lawrie led the scoring, scoring four after coming on as a substitute, with Mike Hattee, Aaron Kirby and Dan Price also finding the target.

An own goal completed Osso’s count.

Rawcliffe’s reserves continue to lead the table, once again with young goalscorer Charlie Jones on target.

Billy Annett scored Rawcliffe’s other goal in a 2-1 victory at the Tadcaster Magnets, for which Ben Jennison scored a consolation goal.

A late goal from Jack Foote gave Copmanthorpe a 1-0 home victory over Haxby Town.

A late-in-game strike was also needed at Stamford Bridge, where hosts Darren Brandon landed a long-range free kick with only one downtime remaining.

The goal gave Bridge a 3-2 victory over Bishopthorpe White Rose.

Stamford’s other scorers were Jamie Rank and Mike Smith.

South Milford sits second in the ‘C’ reserve after their 4-2 victory at Marton Abbey. Shane Limbert and Jordan Richards both put on suspenders as the visitors collected the points. Dan Huggins and Tyler Carlyle responded for Abbey.

The same scoring line was seen at Garforth LG where Zack Turner was on the losing side despite a brace against the Civil Service. Shaun Rayner (2), Nathan Harland and Matty Williams led the opposing team to victory.

Comments are closed.