Buvard: Three DWI arrests in four days, Disturbance reported on Cross Sound Ferry

Southold Town Police have arrested a motorcyclist for driving while intoxicated following an accident in Cutchogue on Saturday evening.

Cutchogue resident David Truglia, 36, was heading north on Stillwater Avenue when he took his hands off the handlebars, lost control and crashed around 6:30 p.m., according to a report. Police said Mr Truglia was airlifted to Stony Brook University Hospital, treated and released. He was charged with DWI, officials said.

• A 24-year-old Brentwood man was arrested for DWI following a single-car crash in Cutchogue early Sunday morning.

Edwin Claros was driving westbound on Highway 25 when he veered off the road and crashed into a tree and a water main around 4:20 a.m.

A police news release did not say whether Mr Claros was injured, but officials said he was arrested for impaired driving at the scene.

• Police arrested a 28-year-old Greenport man for DWI after receiving a report of an erratic driver last Thursday night.

Police say Maycon Rosales-Gonzalez was pulled over for traffic violations along Route 48 around 9:30 p.m. when he was discovered intoxicated.

• A 39-year-old man from Woonsocket, RI, was banned from the Cross Sound Ferry last Thursday after shouting and threatening crew members because bar service was taking too long, according to police reports. Three police officers and a sergeant responded to the Orient ferry terminal, where the man signed a trespassing notice and agreed to leave without further incident.

• Detectives have been made aware of a possible break-in at a vacant home along Peconic Bay Boulevard in Laurel last week.

The owner, a 64-year-old Flandrienne, told police she found an empty bag of crisps and a towel on the floor of the unoccupied house, which is currently up for sale. She told police she suspected “children probably broke in to hang out”, between April 21 and last Monday when the incident was reported.

• Police responded to a party at a house along Main Road in Laurel after receiving a complaint about fireworks on Saturday night.

The owner, a 41-year-old man, admitted to setting off fireworks and agreed to arrest, according to a police report.

• A 36-year-old man from Mattituck called police last Monday to report that an unknown person had smashed the rear window of his vehicle along Depot Lane in Cutchogue.

Police noted in a report that there were no signs that the incident was criminal in nature.

• The East Marion Fire Department extinguished a small mulch fire in Lavender by the Bay along Route 25 last Monday around 7 p.m.

No foul play is suspected, officials said.

• Police were called to a bus stop along Main Road in Laurel on Friday morning after receiving a report of an intoxicated man lying on the side of the road.

An officer arrived and found a 29-year-old man, Laurel, who did not appear to be intoxicated but said he was waiting for the S-92 bus to take him to work.

The officer transported the man to his job in Cutchogue, according to reports.

• An unknown person used the personal information of a 65-year-old Southold woman to file a claim for unemployment assistance with the Arkansas Department of Commerce last week. The woman responded to police headquarters to file a report last Thursday afternoon and was asked to place a fraud alert on her credit.

Those named in the police reports have not been convicted of any crime or offense. The charges against them can then be reduced or withdrawn, or they can be declared innocent.

Comments are closed.